04 March 2006

Defiance


Defiance concerns will and power.
Or will to power.

Defiance can simply be a defiant act.
But if you look for other meanings, you will learn that defiance is an intentionally contemptuous behavior or attitude, a hostile challenge, the act of defying, putting in opposition, or provoking to combat; it's also a challenge, a provocation, a summons to combat.

But more, it's a state of opposition, a willingness to flight, a disposition to resist or the contempt of opposition. It is a casting aside, a renunciation, a rejection too.

So why should I defy you ?!
Why should I defy the ones I love ?
And why should I ever defy even myself ?

I know my answer.
Can you take a guess ?...

Need a hint ?... Here's a defiance I don't agree with.
retro defiance noun. Hostility towards current ideas about healthy living, which includes a return to allegedly non-healthy activities such as smoking cigars, drinking martinis, and eating steak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home