22 February 2006

Wind for Catherine


My dear friend Catherine started her blog way before I started mine. It was a breath of fresh air... properly named "The Wind in the Trees" (translated from Portuguese).

She's been absent (yes, some of us do miss her) and that's why I've transcribed a poem from Pablo Neruda. I posted it on her blog and I'll post it here again, hoping to make some kind of pressure for her to return to her writting/posting days... pleeeeeease!

"Me gustas cuando callas porque estás como ausente,
y me oyes desde lejos, y mi voz no te toca.
Parece que los ojos se te hubieran volado
y parece que un beso te cerrara la boca.

Como todas las cosas están llenas de mi alma
emerges de las cosas, llena del alma mía.
Mariposa de sueño, te pareces a mi alma,
y te pareces a la palabra melancolía.

Me gustas cuando callas y estás como distante.
Y estás como quejándote, mariposa en arrullo.
Y me oyes desde lejos, y mi voz no te alcanza:
déjame que me calle con el silencio tuyo.

Déjame que te hable también con tu silencio
claro como una lámpara, simple como un anillo.
Eres como la noche, callada y constelada.
Tu silencio es de estrella, tan lejano y sencillo.

Me gustas cuando callas porque estás como ausente.
Distante y dolorosa como si hubieras muerto.
Una palabra entonces, una sonrisa bastan.
Y estoy alegre, alegre de que no sea cierto.
"

          - Pablo Neruda, Poem XV

I had planned this post a couple of weeks ago, but I postponned it to make it coincide with Catherine's birthdate. Today, she's 5 months away from being 33... meaning that we probably met some 23 years ago. Are we that old?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home