06 May 2006

Dream guitar (pt.2) - Ibanez Jem 77BFP


The "blue floral pattern" guitar from Steve Vai. Ooops... another signature guitar. I promise number 3 is not going to be like this. It's a unique instrument, not made for anyone in particular.

blue floral

I have to say I'm very sorry I still don't have a guitar like this. Again, the Ibanez Jem 77BFP is an extremely rare guitar. These were only produced from 1991~1994 and they play, look and sound fantastic. The neck tends to get a little dirty as it's got a light colour.

The sound is "just Vai".
Easy to say, if you know how to play.
I'm learning... I'll get there !!!

If you find one in good conditions under the $2000 mark, do let me know... or better, get it for yourself as it's definately worth the money.

The specs of this guitar are...

- Body: Basswood
- Finish: Blue Floral Pattern
- Neck: Maple
- Fretboard: Hardrock maple
- Inlay: Blue vine
- Bridge: Ibanez Floyd Rose Lo-Pro Edge
- Hardware: Cosmo black
- Pickup configuration: H-S-H
- Neck pickup: DiMarzio PAF Pro (N)
- Middle pickup DiMarzio Jem-S
- Bridge pickup: DiMarzio PAF Pro (B)
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way pickup switch

Here go a few closeup shots of the body & head...

detail of the blue floral pattern (body)

detail of the blue floral pattern (body back)

detail of the blue floral pattern (head)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home