05 May 2006

Dream guitar (pt.1) - Ernie Ball Music Man EVH


This is my original dream guitar:

black quilt

The black quilt top on an Ernie Ball Music Man EVH guitar became an instant favourite. I had the chance to try a red one around 1992 in London (never I had the chance to see one back home) and became addicted to its sound and playability. Needless to say, I set my heart on buying one, although I couldn't afford it then.

After my first guitar (budget choice, later upgraded) and my first high-end guitar, I started surfing the web looking for one in pristine conditions... and some 8 years later, I found one. It had to fly from Asia for me to get my hands on it. But now, it has found a home with me. A good home, I expect.

The guitar is 100% stock.
Being a guitar with no finish on the neck (other than the rubbed oil), there is some darkening, typical for a guitar this age, but there's no neck discoloration, as I never play it more than 15~30 consecutively and I'm always cleaning my hands (and I don't get sweaty on my hands either). I bought a leather strap from Ernie Ball and I keep the guitar in a dark, smoke free environment.

For you who like this guitar, here goes a picture of the most common finish (amber) in a beautiful quilted top:

amber quilt

More dream guitars (of mine) to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home