17 April 2006

Homesick


It's still morning and I'm homesick already. I woke up late and wanted the stay in bed for another two hours, which is rare... and dragged myself to the shower where I spent 5 minutes as I was already late. Flew down the stairs and didn't even had a bite or anything... said bye-bye to the dogs and jumped in the car. There are so many people on vacations that it only took me 20 minutes to arrive to work. Yet another reason to feel homesick... everyone's at home, but me.

"Homesick is a present word,
I'm not home nor I'm sick,
But I long to be home,
Home is where I want to be.
Today alone,
Tonight with you.

The truth is a mighty sword,
It tears all in its way.
I no longer want to know
Words you may have to say.
Now, enjoy the silence,
Hear me pray.

I lower my voice, I'm quiet
As I want to hear you say:
'I need you here...
I need you to stay !'
Yet the silence
Drives me away.

Homesick, a simple feeling.
What have this come to ?
An introspection thing,
And undisputed truth.
We can be one,
Us two.
"

          - in "Homesick", by Hyug Badox

Labels:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home